TIPS TO GET YOUR OUTDOOR SPACE FALL READY WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK
BY: Giannina S. Bedford
1. Add a touch of nature. Create a wreath or garland with long lasting magnolia leaves, pine cones, twigs or natural cotton stems. Tip: Pinterest has tons of wreath-making tutorials.
2. Swap out your blooms. Bring out the season’s colors with red dahlias, yellow mums and sunflowers. Place them in rustic planters or create your own by carving out pumpkins and filling them with blossoms.
3. Tack on those textiles. Drape a cozy blanket and fall-hued pillows on front porch seating.
4. Layer your doormat. Dress up your entry by placing a festive outdoor rug under your mat. This helps create depth and adds a pop of color without overdoing it.
5. Put out pumpkins and gourds. Go monochromatic by selecting all-white or all-orange pumpkins or mix it up. You can also throw in cornstalks and a hay bale.